Salesforce Sales Cloud Review

The bulk edit page is nice for creating multiple users at once with the most basic information.

Valuable Features:

You can have non-sales and marketing personnel using Chatter without driving up licensing cost.

Room for Improvement:

The integration piece is missing.

Salesforce has a integration capability, but the moment we say integration, it's categorized into the following types:

- Synchronous and Asynchronous integration

- Hybrid integration: direct and middleware based

- Cloud-to-Cloud integration such as Salesforce.com to RightNow

So my point was whether Salesforce has the mentioned integration capabilities or not and answer is always the same -- it depends.

In such cases, we have to consider integration from the beginning and what kind of legacy systems we have and what the architectures of the current accounting system are, etc.

But also have to recognize that simply because we use a legacy system from a vendor who has a Salesforce too, that doesn't mean it integrates all that easily.

For Salesforce.com products to truly add business value to the enterprise, integration is thus crucial.

The increasing shift toward hybrid architectures, moreover, means that integration solutions must be able to seamlessly connect Salesforce.com with other SaaS applications and on-premises legacy systems.

And here, based on my past experience, I can say that Salesforce still have room for integration improvements.

Deployment Issues:

We've had no issues with deployment.

Stability Issues:

We've had no issues with stability.

Scalability Issues:

We've had no issues with scalability.

3 Comments
Orlee GillisConsultant

Prashant, have you seen any integration improvements in Salesforce Sales Cloud since May 2016 when you wrote this review?

21 September 16
Prashant DumbreConsultantTOP 5LEADERBOARD

Hello Orlee, thanks for your message. I'll get in touch with the SFDC team here in my organization because, currently I'm working on Oracle Sales Cloud implementation project and couldn't managed to explore new functionalities of SFDC.
But, per my latest findings regarding SFDC, their integration capabilities have improved a bit.

22 September 16
Orlee GillisConsultant

Hi Prashant,
I look forward to the input from your SFDC team. As per Oracle Sales Cloud, I'd love to learn more about your experience with the solution so far, and how your experience has progressed, especially since this past May when you wrote this review:

For example, re: the points you listed under 'Room for Improvement', have you seen any maturation within the data import process in the past few months? How about the other features you listed?

26 September 16