Salesforce Service Cloud Review

The Knowledge Base and Customer Community have improved our customer service and call-deflection rate​.

Valuable Features

• Knowledge Base - can provide answers to customers, and customers can find answers themselves
  • Customer Community - direct customer feedback

Improvements to My Organization

We have improved our customer service and call-deflection rate with Service Cloud, particularly with Knowledge Base and Customer Community features

Room for Improvement

The pricing of the various editions could be improved.

Use of Solution

I've used it for six years.

10/10

8/10

We previously used Microsoft CRM Dynamics.

Data migration was an issue since it required extensive data mapping and business rule changes.

Implementation Team

We did it in-house.

ROI

It's estimated at 135% over two years.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It should be implemented only in organizations with over 20 users. Otherwise, it's expensive to manage.

Other Solutions Considered

We also looked at Pegasystems.

Other Advice

You should start with organization-wide default settings, then user set-up, then accounts, contacts and the cases and case-related items should be last.

1 Comment
Artist and Owner at a tech consulting companyReal User

My experience mirrors your's.
A suggestion, if I may. If you have customers who are more comfortable in a language other than English, or if you need to reach customers in other countries where you are not able to provide direct support, translation of your Knowledge Base is the best way to support them. The Service Cloud makes that easy. Yes, it does cost to translate, but your increased Web traffic and customer satisfaction will offset that cost.
We translated our KB into 13 languages and the results were very satisfying.

04 January 17