Salesforce Service Cloud Review

What is most valuable?

The whole CRM suite is valuable, and it's a platform upon which to rapidly build applications. The ease with which a customer can get up and running on the CRM functionality for their Call Centers is an awesome thing about Salesforce.

What needs improvement?

Salesforce is always ahead of the curve with new functionalities rolling out every quarter. It does get a little tricky playing around with certain features in Salesforce and you have to get used to it.

Specifically, they need to improve the Knowledge Management module. Right now, managing articles is a pain for administrators especially if an admin needs to maintain thousands of Knowledge Articles in a Salesforce organization. Also, the new revamped UI of Service Cloud that has been introduced as part of Winter '15 release is quite confusing. I hope to see the issues fixed in Spring '16 release.

I've been using it for over four years.

Not as such. However, Salesforce deployment can appear to be a little overwhelming at first to a beginner, but there are ample tools out there to make it as smooth as butter.

It's awesome. You can raise a case for anything. Their support is pretty good.

Plus, the community is so large and helpful that you can just tweet using #askforce, and your questions are answered immediately by the community members.

I have been using it since the beginning of my career.

Pretty easy. You can just sign up and start with their out of the box CRM solution right away.

I'm a consultant and it's quite fun to set Salesforce up.

Given the functionality it gives you out of the box, the price is quite competitive and highly customizable per customer's needs.

What other advice do I have?

Try it and you will be awestruck.