Salesforce Service Cloud Review

Individual service coordinators no longer have to track cases in Excel and have the ability to share workload or centralized services.

What is most valuable?

• Case creation and tracking
  • Workflow automation
  • Notifications with templates
  • Technician scheduling (using CalendarAnything)

How has it helped my organization?

All cases were tracked in Excel by individual service coordinators and, therefore, they were unable to share workload or centralize services. We used a custom program for technician scheduling that could not be easily expanded to multiple service branches, where only central office had this functionality. All communications (emails) were with individual service coordinators, resulting in inconsistent communications. Service Cloud changed all that.

What needs improvement?

There's an issue where creating a repetitive appointment creates two appointments on the first occurrence.

We've used it for more than a year.

We have no issues with deploying it.

We've had no stability issues.

We're able to scale it for our needs.

Customer service is excellent.

Technical support is excellent.

We considered purchasing an app for service management, so we evaluated Service Max and JBB Mobile. We did not proceed with either as our company is in the process of implementing SAP.

Setup was straightforward from a data standpoint since we were already using Salesforce Sales Cloud and, therefore, customers and products were already loaded into Salesforce. The main focus of this project was to define new service management processes and configure Salesforce to match the processes.

We used a certified Salesforce systems integrator. I highly recommend using a systems integrator for the initial implementation, ensuring there is sufficient knowledge transfer so that the internal team can support after Go Live.

Head count in service management was reduced, department moved into a profitable position, and we increased service business by 30%.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to ensure that the business process owners fully understand and support the solution. Don’t let them skip design meetings, or they will question every decision that was made later in the process, causing rework of the configurations.