Salesforce Service Cloud Review

It gives us a single view of our customers so both sales support and accounts can see what is happening with the customer.

What is most valuable?

The Cases and Case Deflection features are the most valuable for us.

How has it helped my organization?

If you can get customers to self-serve, this is invaluable and save your customers' time and your staff's time. Our NPS actually went up when we introduced this as customers loved self-service and our cases went down by 50%.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see more of a blog feature to allow better updates from our staff and link to it socially. This would save us having to run these through two different systems.

I've used it for 12-14 months.

We've haven't yet had any issues with deployment.

It's been stable for us.

We've had no problems scaling it for our needs.

Customer service has been great as we're a beta customer.

Technical service has been great as we're a beta customer.

Yes, we were previously using Zendesk as our ticketing/case system. We chose to move to Service Cloud and Community Cloud because we were running our sales side on Salesforce and support on Zendesk. We wanted a single view of our customers so both sales support and accounts could see what was happening with the customer.

The initial setup was straightforward as we were able to set this up in a matter of days.

We implemented all this in-house. As Community Cloud is all template-based and no code is required, this was very simple to set up.

What other advice do I have?

Use the templates for community and use Community Cloud with Service Cloud as they work very well hand-in-hand. Use Case Deflection and the knowledge base articles.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We work very closely with Salesforce. Our CEO has been the keynote speaker for the AU World Tour mainly on Community and Service Cloud. We have also presented at Dreamforce, doing 10 talks in 2015.