Salesforce Service Cloud Review

The workforce management could use improvement as my client wasn't happy with the scheduling engine. The OOTB skills functionality is the most valuable feature for us.

Valuable Features:

The OOTB skills functionality is the most valuable feature for us.

Improvements to My Organization:

It has streamlined workforce management, scheduling, etc. for the company's current business case. More specifically, I can only speak for my clients, but their call centers have dramatically improved from their legacy system to the new Service Cloud console. I know in the past year, we've seen substantial ROI in major healthcare companies.

Room for Improvement:

The workforce management could use improvement as my client wasn't happy with the scheduling engine. The workforce management, particularly a third-party vendor, we didn't have much success with. They had never done an integration with Salesforce and we we're working specifically with another third party just to implement their field services organization.

Use of Solution:

I've used it on my current project for three months.

Deployment Issues:

Deployment was not an issue. The product wasn't the issue, it was more so the implementation as a whole.

Stability Issues:

There were no issues with the stability.

Scalability Issues:

There has been no issues with the scalability.

Other Advice:

The issues, as with every implementation, is the change in the nature of the beast. We have clients that have been on a legacy system for 10-15 years and they are not ready for change. They also think their system is the most efficient "machine" on the market. So the change in culture has to be the most substantial bottleneck. Then you are in the growing pains stage, where your client absorbs this system, but they decide to take automation to a whole new level, like automatically fax from a computer with WiFi. The asks are endless, which is understandable because at this point, they appreciate the system, but they don't understand the limits.