Salesforce Service Cloud Review

Has the ability to quickly add customizable fields that are easily incorporated into the existing framework

What is our primary use case?

I have used it several times for past employers and clients. The most recent was a medical device firm that needed to document issues reported by customers regarding the use of their products.

How has it helped my organization?

It's all cases the solution was the first of its kind in the environment (it was previously manual). To be fair, just about any system would make an improvement in that situation.   What made SFDC particularly useful was the ease in setup and the ability to quickly refine it.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature was the ability to quickly add customizable fields (and by quickly, I mean in less than two minutes) that were easily incorporated into the existing framework.

The system was remarkably easy to understand which made the setup quick. This is important because it gave us the ability to get started quickly.

What needs improvement?

While there is extensive reporting in the system, there is not always a direct route to get what you are looking for. There are plenty of tools in the market that provide those capabilities. I would just prefer it if there were an SFDC option.

Three to five years.

I have used many different solutions, but I have not switched to SFDC from them (this is not a knock on SFDC, but more of a situation where the other systems did their jobs).

The answer to this question will vary greatly depending on the firm's requirements and available resources. For example, will out-of-the-box SFDC work? Do you require additional apps or is there a plan to customize? The best advice I can give you is to spend time upfront to nail down short and longer-term needs.

The most recent two were a choice between native ERP (Epicor) functionality and SFDC. These were the only two reasonable options because built-in compatibility with the ERP was a condition.

What other advice do I have?

When looking at SDFC, take a look at the whole ecosystem.