Salesforce Wave Analytics Review

Creates reports and dashboards with simple clicks, but lacks technical support during deployment

What is our primary use case?

I received an assignment to create a dashboard from multiple data sources from within Salesforce and some external (in CSVs) for huge (big) data from big clothing brands for users/management to analyze and take data driven decisions for their business.

What is most valuable?

• Easy to use
  • User-friendly
  • Not required to be technical for a user to use
  • Creates reports and dashboards with simple clicks and drags and drops
  • Scheduling data sync
  • Can easily handle a huge amount of data without any crunch/crash.
  • It uses SAQL, which is same as pig latin and helpful to users who would like to write custom queries for grouping and other manipulations to view data.

How has it helped my organization?

Even the data, if not on any system or database (Excel or CSV), can be analyzed. Giving insights to the buyer to which vendor is compliant (or not), location-wise display of data using maps, enhanced filters, easy sharing, easy creation, enriched UI, etc.

What needs improvement?

Support: Very less support now. Some days, I have to struggle a lot to achieve some simple steps even getting issues solved in deployment.

Its been seven months until now and I am still using it.

Yes, before the Winter '18 release, I was able to retrieve the report and dashboard. I have deployed it on production, but I do not know why after the release I am having issues and deploying it manually. There is no help for deployment now. I am looking for positive response from the vendor.

I do not know about future, but it is stable now.

Six out of 10.

It is easy and straightforward to install. You need to follow steps from the beginning. You can get all the steps from Trailhead.

Implementation is in-house.

$125 to $250/month per user.