Samsung SSD Review

The software for transferring data from a hard drive was very intuitive and easy to use.

Valuable Features:

Speed, low power consumption, and the reliability of flash storage are some of the reasons I used a Samsung SSD in a laptop. Not the best SSD money can buy, but definitely not the worst. Came with a good warranty and the software for transferring data from a hard drive was very intuitive and easy to use.

At first, it suggested setting aside 10 GB as spare flash to replace any bits that wore out. But I found that one of the pitfalls of flash storage is that you never have enough space. As I ran out of room, I ended up up removing this partition for the extra storage.

Improvements to My Organization:

Since flash uses less power and is less prone to failure, they increase the run time of battery backups, giving an onsite employee more time to get a backup generator running. In addition, an array of flash storage devices has allowed our office to go nearly paperless, transferring large digital files to our clients with lower costs. In addition, we are now able to provide full sewer line video, without having to compress it for email to a customer, and without having to burn it to a disk. This has driven our company to the forefront of the sewer line filming industry, and given us an edge up over competitors in several overlapping industries.
While implementing a flash storage system has not directly impacted our bottom line, customer satisfaction has increased by a significant enough margin for us consider it a worthwhile investment for any enterprising plumbing service company. In addition, flash arrays have improve reliability and longevity, allowing us to find months old files that would have been lost to scratching and workplace detritus if put on a disk and filed away. In short, flash drives have given us a huge advantage, and I see potential for flash drives to take over some of the functions of our video recording devices. Perhaps someday it will be possible to record straight onto a flash drive from a camera with no intermediary.

Room for Improvement:

They need to make them with more capacity at a lower price. Once they achieve price per GB parity with a 500 GB hard drive, that when they will become the standard every where. But flash storage in general is still a good ways off from this goal, but it might happen within my lifetime.

More storage and a lower price. Just more value. Perhaps greater read and write speeds would be beneficial, as I did not notice the much vaunted Solid State Drive boost when installing this apparatus, but it could just be that my installation was configured wrong.