Sangfor HCI Review

Stable, good pricing and licensing, and useful CDP feature

What is our primary use case?

We use it for SAP products and some other infrastructure applications. We are using its latest version.

What is most valuable?

The Continuous Data Protection (CDP) feature is one of the good features.

What needs improvement?

Its virtual machine tools can be improved. These tools should be enhanced for use in other applications and operating systems, such as Linux.

I have been using this solution for three years.

It is stable. There is no issue in terms of stability so far.

It is complex to scale. There was a situation where they undersized the memory on one of our solutions. They gave us free memory because they were the ones who sized the memory for the specs.

In terms of the number of users, we have two or three administrators who use it. There are up to 500 concurrent users or the number of users using the hyper-converged infrastructure.

They support us in case of technical problems. They also provided a free deployment during a migration.

The level one support is provided by the partner or the integrator. The level two support is handled by the Sangfor teams. Technical support is based in the Asia Pacific region. They provide standard 24/7 support. They are easy to reach. Some of their engineers are Chinese, and there is a communication barrier because of their accents, but on the technical side, they are able to resolve the issues.

Its initial setup is more on the complex side because of our system and company requirements. The deployment took about three weeks.

We have an in-house technical team. Its maintenance is also handled by us. Every six to eight months, they provide updates to fix the bugs that they have encountered.

It is in the middle range as compared to other hyper-converged infrastructure solutions. There is a three-year warranty on the hardware.

The license also includes other features. Sangfor has included Continuous Data Protection (CDP) and a built-in firewall with the license. Other top brands, such as VxRail and VMware, require a separate license for such features.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product because of its pricing. It doesn't require a separate license for features such as Continuous Data Protection.

I would rate Sangfor HCI an eight out of ten.

More Sangfor HCI reviews from users
...who compared it with Nutanix Acropolis AOS
Find out what your peers are saying about Sangfor, Nutanix, VMware and others in Hyper-Converged (HCI). Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.