Sangfor SSL VPN Review

Good reporting, provides several options for restricting access, and the technical support is good

What is our primary use case?

As we are working from home at the moment, this solution is very good for us right now. It provides an SSL link to access resources remotely.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is our ability to limit access by user, IP address, or MAC address. It provides good security for our network.

The reporting capability is good.

What needs improvement?

No solution is perfect, so there is room for improvement.

I have been using the Sangfor SSL VPN for almost one year.

We have not had any outages in our service within the past year.

It is easy to scale and add additional users. However, with the basic license allowing for 30 users, it is more than enough for my organization. We only have perhaps 18 or 20 users.

The vendor provides local support, along with remote support. We are very satisfied with them.

I have experience with Fortinet firewalls and compared to them, Sangfor is cheaper and easier to implement. That said, we did not use FortiClient, or any other solution as our VPN.

The initial setup is straightforward and the deployment is very convenient. It is a quick process.

The pricing is good and the standard license allows for 30 users.

We have looked at other solutions from Cisco and Fortinet, but Sangfor is very good.

What other advice do I have?

Altogether, this is a very good product. That said, no solution is perfect.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.