SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise Review

A completely customized solution that's stable and offers excellent technical support

What is our primary use case?

SAP ERP offers an integrated financial management system for real-time interactions between two separate but dependent financial bureaus to track cash flow management.  The SAP system runs across four servers (Win Server 2008 R2) for development, testing and production purposes. All server are virtually hosted on vmWare EXSi server.

How has it helped my organization?

SAP ERP offers us a robust platform where financial stakeholders spend less time collating and sourcing out records and implementing payments. The seamless collaboration has improved access to timely and valuable resources and at the same time reduced redundancies and errors.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the solution is that it's customized for our operations. It's a special package that we have; it's not like a regular one that's out-of-the-box. Every time we have to remodel some part of it, or every time there needs to be some modification made, we work with the team from Mississippi to improve the system. It's continuously being updated and streamlined.

The actual interface is good.

What needs improvement?

The product in use is already customized. For now, we have no need for major improvements or new features.

We've been using the solution for two years.

The stability of the solution is good. We haven't faced any issues.

The solution, in our case, doesn't have a need to scale up. It's optimized for a smaller scale. If we do need to scale up, I'm sure it's possible, however, we didn't design the solution for this purpose. Currently, we have 30-40 users on the solution and they use it daily.

We're in constant contact with technical support. They help us troubleshoot problems often and are quite good.

The initial setup was a bit complex. Deployment didn't take more than two months.

We had a consultant set up the Virgo servers and then we had two professionals from FTC set everything up. The setup was a collaboration between Google IT and very technical team members.

Every user needs a license, so for every new user will come with a cost. If we add users, we need to buy licenses for them. The solution is kind-of expensive. It's a very good ERP, however.

I don't know how to calculate the costs versus the benefits. If someone has the capital, I believe they should go for it, and they should go for the full innovation package where they can incorporate even areas like IT or HR planning and get everything included. For some, the cost should probably be something to consider before implementing the solution.

What other advice do I have?

We're using a whole package of software from SAP.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. There's nothing the solution needs to improve, although no solution is perfect. There are just minor technical bugs that we need to contend with occasionally. We also need some things that were not part of the original design.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. The solution is very good. We do have a few problems here and there, but technical support is right there to assist whenever anything arises.