SAP Analytics Cloud Review

Eye-appealing visualizations and good predictive analytics, but more standard chart types should be included

What is our primary use case?

We are a consulting firm and we implement SAP Analytics Cloud for our clients.

This solution is for digital boardroom purposes.

How has it helped my organization?

Our clients do not have knowledge of business analytics, so we assist them by implementing this solution for them. Our customers are made up of medium-sized companies with fewer than one hundred employees.

What is most valuable?

The visualizations are quite eye-appealing.

The Smart Predict, Smart Insights, and Smart Discovery predictive analysis features are quite good.

What needs improvement?

Some of the standard visualizations, such as a speedometer or a goal chart, are not there and should be added. These are available in other solutions like R, but with SAP you need to have R code written for them. This can be time-consuming.

I have been using this solution for one and a half years.

This solution is stable.

This is a cloud solution so it is definitely scalable. On average, our clients have between 20 and 30 people who are using SAP Analytics Cloud.

I have also worked with SAP BusinessObjects and QlikView.

The initial setup can be a little bit complex when it comes to establishing the connection. We have seen some difficulties with that. There is a big list of things that you need to go through.

The same things can be done using Tableau.

What other advice do I have?

The suitability of this solution depends on several things including use case, budget, and licensing costs. Tableau will do the same thing as this solution.

If cost is not a problem and you want to try something new then I would recommend SAP Analytics Cloud.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.