SAP Analytics Cloud Review

User-friendly and the visualizations are good, but the reporting needs to be improved

What is our primary use case?

Right now we are doing a PoC on finances and production planning. The most important part is the connectivity and visibility between our legacy system and the cloud. We are testing these things.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the visualization and user-friendliness. It's like a self-service platform. If the connectivity is good then anyone can log in and use it.

What needs improvement?

We are currently working on connectivity with S/4HANA, but we would like to have better connectivity with our legacy systems. If they improve third-party connectivity then it would be great for us. No company has SAP alone; they have multiple databases and multiple technologies. The ability to connect to all of these other systems is important.

More functionality has to be added in terms of additional tools and reporting. In our on-premises, BusinessObjects solution, the reports have more crisp and precise visuals. The reports are very cleanly done, and we would like this same functionality in the cloud.

I have been using SAP Analytics Cloud for between eight months and a year.

This is not a very stable product. It is in its infancy, and although it has not been crashing, the stability needs to be improved.

I think that this solution will scale.

Currently, we have a couple of thousand people who are using this solution. We are just in the prototype and testing phase and deciding how we will introduce this into the company. After our testing, we will decide how it will be inserted into our daily productivity and improve the company's profitability.

The people using SAP Analytics Cloud are in a variety of roles. Most of them are middle-level developers and managers. Perhaps fifteen people from senior management us it.

We have been in touch with technical support, and I feel that the people who are working are not very technical at all. They only looked at the notes and read, but we had to tell them that we had already done all of these things so we need something new.

What finally stopped it was that the product managed who actually worked with the tool got involved and was able to easily solve our problem.

Overall, I would say that the technical support is fair. It is not excellent or good, but fair.

I am using SAP BusinessObjects in addition to this solution. It has some advantages in terms of additional tools and reporting, which is why we cannot switch at this time.

SAP does the setup and maintenance of this solution.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to first look at the connectivity that is required. Second, look at the functionality and the visuality that you are going to need. If you are looking at simple things, like traditional visualization, then this solution is good to go. However, if you're thinking about more complex scenarios with more complex logic, then you may need to wait.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.