Sap065658 logo 300x300 0r 01

SAP Business Objects Review
It provides a unified view of business processes across the organization, and helps control massive amounts of information.

Valuable Features:

• Data integration
  • 64-bit architecture

Room for Improvement:

I would like to see the capability to directly access social media data.

Use of Solution:

I have been using it for 14 years.

Deployment Issues:

We have encountered so many issues when the architecture and design was fragile.

Technical support is 10/10.

Previous Solutions:

I previously used Microsoft DTS. Microsoft BI products are ideal for small-scale businesses. whereas SAP BusinessObjects is suitable for enterprise-level implementation.

Initial Setup:

If you have the skills and time, initial setup will be easy.

Implementation Team:

I worked for both vendor teams and in-house teams. I have been involved in the implementation of complex BI solutions on the SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise platform in major USA and Canadian companies across different industries.

For successful implementation, you need a technical expert who has specialized in the area of Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) with in-depth knowledge of the data warehouse lifecycle processes (DWH design and ETL development) and extensive hands-on experience with both the SAP Enterprise Information Management (SAP Data Services) technology stack and the SAP BusinessObjects reporting products stack (IDT, Universe, Web Intelligence, Designer, Dashboards).

The manager should be from the in-house (for decision making) team and the technical experts should be from the outside (vendors and consultants).

Cost and Licensing Advice:

SAP has different kinds of licensing for mid-size to large enterprises.

Other Advice:

If you want to implement SAP Analytical applications, you need skilled resources with clear requirements.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About SAP Business Objects?

Our experts can help. 233,815 professionals have used our research on 5,900 solutions.