SAP Business One on AWS Review

Straightforward to set up and the support is good, but it should be more user-friendly

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and SAP Business One on AWS is one of the products that we offer to our clients. Our customers are typically in the manufacturing or wholesale distribution industries. They are predominately looking at refreshing their management solution and are looking for a better-integrated system, more from the finance, stock management point of view.

Some of our clients have products that are going out of life and they want to get to the next stage, which is where I think SAP comes in.

What needs improvement?

The look-and-feel of the system is quite outdated as compared to a lot of other products out there. They are more user-friendly, I would say. As someone who has not used accounting products before, they might find it quite overwhelming.

It should be more user-friendly.

I have been working with SAP Business One on AWS for a few years.

This product is very much stable.

This is a scalable solution. I have different clients of various sizes who are using it.

Technical support from SAP is great. If you're not able to do it as a partner, you always have SAP's help.

This solution has its own complexities because it is an ERP system, but the current version is pretty straightforward. That said, you will still need external help, as you probably couldn't do with internal IT teams.

The length of time to deploy can take anywhere from 15 or 20 days and above.

The number of staff needed for deployment and maintenance depends on the size of the project. They are all user-dependent. Also, it depends on the complexity of deployment in terms of what kind of environment it is.

Licenses are available on a monthly or yearly basis, and it costs about $1,200 per license, per user. Given what you're getting from the system, I think it's worth it.

What other advice do I have?

This is a great product on its own, and the technicalities of it have improved as compared to the older version. I absolutely recommend it and we plan to continue selling it.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Find out what your peers are saying about Amazon, Microsoft, Google and others in Infrastructure as a Service Clouds (IaaS). Updated: June 2021.
511,307 professionals have used our research since 2012.