SAP Business One Review

Holds data and traceable information

What is our primary use case?

We use SAP Business One as a back-office role for information on products. We use SAP APIs to connect directly to our financial systems and in the cloud and for customers. It supports SMEs. We have between 10 or 20 clients using ERP.ERP is used for food resource management and vehicle car sales business. The ERP system allows control, tracking, and reporting via analysis reports. It is also useful for sales reports and historical reporting, in addition to current productivity reporting.

How has it helped my organization?

SAP holds more data and traceable information. Information on any issues is saved, and SAP can recreate errors on the NCP portal. Solutions to issues are also available. You can find SAP features on Android with Samsung phones.

What is most valuable?

Accounting is a good feature, hence why we use SAP Business One. We use a single application to handle and control our resources. We also leave it overnight to process our purchasing tasks. All this is held in one secure database. The system provides information on products sent out to the customer. The system holds data and AI voice data. It also includes accounting control. So there are a lot of features included with the ERP system. We support SAP as we have a lot of experience within the team.

What needs improvement?

SAP could improve the performance of the business alignment with other products.

We have 10 years of experience with SAP Business One.

Overall, the ERP solutions are stable, but it is more complicated and is not always stable for some customers. It helps to understand the product so you can manage it.

SAP is scalable, as the versions of HANA are constantly being updated. They are currently up to version 6.

Technical support is very good.

Setup is okay generally, but not so easy with integrated products such as Microsoft 365.

Implementation is often complicated on the manufacturing side, as it requires integrations with .net. It usually involves using highly skilled SAP consultancy. It is often difficult for the implementer to integrate add-ons and customization, which deviate from a standard installation. I often work with the implementor, and this helps my learning curve. It isn't easy to learn at the beginning. Sometimes, while the implementation occurs, people use Excel and other control documents as a workaround until the system is ready.

We compared the Microsoft solution with Oracle NetSuite, as they have a price decrease. It is, however, not that much cheaper, and the price is comparable to SAP.

We have considered using an add-on to the pack using Oracle NetSuite. They don't have a simple method of using the console or for the implementer to create an add-on. They said it was difficult to communicate on the cloud. There were also some defects when they tried to control everything on their contact form. So it didn't work very well.

What other advice do I have?

It is simple for users to use, but we can design and understand how to customize the menus for technical staff. It takes a lot of experience to technically understand the environment, especially when you need to integrate other systems such as the HANA database. We need to have more Linux and freedom experience, but not as much as with Microsoft SQL Server. You also need network knowledge, which is something you can compare the HANA database to.

I would rate SAP at about 8 out of 10.

Hybrid Cloud

Other
More SAP Business One reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with SAP S4HANA
Learn what your peers think about SAP Business One. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.