SAP Business One Review

Good stability and technical support but needs careful implementation in order to be effective

What is most valuable?

The solution is pretty straightforward to set up and gets easier over time.

Technical support has been quite good.

We've found the stability to be very good.

What needs improvement?

We aren't overly satisfied with the solution. We are moving away from it.

The solution needs to be implemented properly, otherwise, a company will not be able to get the full benefit of the product.

They need to do more with, budget planning within the solution, in terms of financial budgeting. Right now, we can only input values at our sales target, however, we can't input numbers. The solution also needs to look at the monthly balance. There will need to have some type of maintenance in there. Yet, there is no model for maintenance. If you buy it you need to go and find another solution for your maintenance however, if they can do a maintenance solution within this solution that that would be a wonderful thing.

I've been using the solution for seven years or so. It's been a while. I've spent a lot of time on it.

The stability is very good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash and freeze. It's very reliable in terms of performance.

Our business has grown beyond the capabilities of Business One. We need a bigger ERP solution, and therefore we are moving away. We're looking at SAP S/4 HANA since we already use other SAP products.

We currently have 101 users. In the future, we'll be looking at 130 to 150 users.

Technical support is quite good. They are helpful and responsive. We are quite satisfied with their level of support.

We are actually going to move over to S/4HANA. We looked at Oracle, however, we decided on SAP as we already had SAP products. I've worked with a lot of ERP and other products, including other SAP products.

The initial setup is not overly complex. It's pretty straightforward. However, at the outset, when we were fresh users, it seemed to be a bit complex. Over time, you get more and more comfortable with the process.

The price of the solution itself is not the issue, however, the cost of the licensing is strange. No other ERP that concurrent licensing. As I have what will be a hundred users at the time to use it, doesn't matter whether Samuel or George come on, SAP requires an individual attached to a license. That means even if a person is no longer a user, we have to untie the license so nobody can use that license. I need to fill it with a different person.

What other advice do I have?

I am a customer and end-user of the product.

I'd recommend the product to others. Anyone who wants to use SAP Business One should do so. It's a good solution. They need to get a good implementer, however, as if it's not implemented well, you will have issues.

I'd rate the solution at a six out of ten. At first, we really liked it, however, as of now, we need to change as it no longer meets our needs.

9.3, patch level 11
More SAP Business One reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with SAP S4HANA
Learn what your peers think about SAP Business One. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.