SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform Review

Web Intelligence has allowed our company to move to a self-service delivery model. The BW safety belt severely limits the performance of data through the DSL Bridge.

Valuable Features:

The dynamic scheduling and the user interactive features (input controls, drill down and drill up features) as well as the ability to export the reports to Excel or PDF are some of the best features.

Improvements to My Organization:

Web Intelligence has allowed our company to move to a self-service delivery model by allowing our internal clients to access, run and schedule reports dynamically without intervention of the BI team.

Room for Improvement:

The dynamic scheduling capabilities, the performance and ability to handle large data sets when connected via BICS to a BW warehouse needs a lot of work. The BW safety belt severely limits the performance of data through the DSL Bridge which makes Web Intelligence appear slow and unable to handle large data sets.

Use of Solution:

I have used SAP Business Objects for 4 years. I have used both the BICS direct connection to a SAP BW warehouse, as well as connecting to a Universe.

Deployment Issues:

No issues with deployment that I, as a functional user, was aware of.

Stability Issues:

Stability seems to be an ongoing issue with the tool and as much as that could be attributed to the tool, it can also be attributed to the configuration including the BICS connection, the DSL Bridge, and the tomcat server that it is installed on.

Initial Setup:

I joined after it was implemented.

1 visitor found this review helpful