SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform Review

I use the SAP Business Objects as an analytics platform useful for investigations of data in enterprises databases.

What is most valuable?

In my position, it's very important to define data models in order to develop a solution that provide end users with the ability to freely analyze data. That's why the Information Design tool of Business Objects is the most valuable feature. But I also use the Web Intelligence feature for testing my personal data models.

How has it helped my organization?

For a recent project, I used the BI Workspace module of Business Objects. I found it to be very helpful in providing specific home pages for different user groups. Thanks to this module, I can define a home page for a particular audience.

What needs improvement?

I encountered an issue with security. When I promoted the association between the CMC security profile and the Security Universe profile as I took our application from dev to test to production, I noticed that the associations were lost. This forced me to newly associate all over again.

I've used Business Objects for four years for various projects.

I've had no issues with deployment.

Yes, sometimes the services didn't work well, generating a decreasing of performance.

I've had no issues with scalability.

In my experience, customer service it good.

In my experience, technical support is good.

Yes, I used other solutions, but I chose Business Objects because it's easy to use.

I wasn't involved in the initial setup.