SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform Review
Allows our users to access reports and make business decisions based on them

What is our primary use case?

It's used for business reporting and it performs well.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows hundreds of end-users to be able to access business reports and make business decisions based upon them.

What is most valuable?

It provides good centralized management, and it performs well against our day-to-day solution.

What needs improvement?

The admin features for disk space management need work. It's very difficult to manage the disk space by the application; good admin features and not included to allow you to do that. I don't believe that is in the latest version of the product either.

We find it's stable, very little down time, good level of performance.

It's scalable simply by adding extra servers, application servers, so the scalability is good.

Our technical support is through a value added reseller.

We've been using Business Objects for a long time. The last time we did an upgrade from a client version to a browser-based version.

When selecting a vendor, the most important criteria are the features of the product, that it is a good fit with our environment, and price will be a part of the consideration.

It was complex because we were upgrading from a previous version with a different architecture.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it about nine out of 10 because it performs well.

Do a trial. Fully investigate all the ins and outs of the license as well.