SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform Review

A solid, stable solution that when purchased in its full scope puts EVERY other Bi tool to shame

What is our primary use case?

I call it a big boys toy due to costs involved for full, not large, scale deployments. Due to SAP gobling up a multitude of products over the year, the integration issues have mostly all been resolved now and its mature platform whereby all the others are still playing catchup.

How has it helped my organization?

It gives you end to end view. You can build a dashboard or report and see full lineage even into etl and wrangling layers. Saving is made when you dont have to waste time integrating with a mirade of other tool sets.

What is most valuable?

Ive yet to find a bi tool that can match SAP’s offering, and Ive implemented all of them.

What needs improvement?

Over the years, the product tends to rename and rebrand itself and change its direction. This is a deficit of the solution.

More than five years.

It is a solid product.

I did not encounter issues with scalability of the solution.

The tech support is very good.

My career has been filled with green fields projects it bi rehab whereby I would replace a mess with SAP BO

The initial setup was easy because I specialize in implementation.

I usually get called in as a specialist

No redoing if set up right, and thats usually issue with SAP BO deployments I get called in to mature.

Have a big wallet if you want to be serious

Read gartner to your own detriment

What other advice do I have?

I advise someone considering this solution: Go big or go home!