SAP BusinessObjects EPM [EOL] Review
It's very user-friendly and very rich in graphical analytics

What is most valuable?

It's very user-friendly, easy for development, and faster learning, so when I implement solutions using BO, BusinessObjects, I found the user adapts with the solution very fast rather than other tools.

It's very user-friendly and very rich in graphical analytics.

How has it helped my organization?

1. I noticed many improvement in SAP BusinessObject Functionality. Comparing it to the older releases of BO and always using one data source for analytics. One database or one data source only, but other releases have improved, adding new features for building the analytics. It builds on multiple data sources, not only one.
  2. I found that Business Objects enriches their solution by adding more graphs and more report styles. The look and the feel has many improved features.
  3. There are some functions added to the solutions to add more functionality to the product to enable the customer to do forecasting. For example, based on the circuit data, new functions for forecasting are included. So, this is a very powerful feature.

What needs improvement?

Add more functionality compared to Hyperion Essbase. When comparing BusinessObjects with Hyperion Essbase, I can see that Hyperion Essbase contains more functionalities, such as two parts calculation, aliases, grouping, and a toolbox calculation. If SAP makes some improvements to add these features in the universal design, to be competitive with Hyperion Essbase, it will be the most powerful tool in the next ten years.

The main issue is that we need to adapt to the changes. So we need to add some functions inside the product for it to be scalable enough.

I have seven years of experience in BusinessObjects.

The stability for the product is very powerful. All the surfaces for Business Object have been improved, for the product's stability.

Regarding old releases, some services were down suddenly without any reason, or after a normal transaction would take place. The stability of the product is much better now, rather than the old releases. We can use it, and we can install the product in a stable environment. So, the stability in both our environments are very good.

It needs to add more functions which enable solutions to be scalable if the business requirements are changing. So, we used to have a product that could adapt to the change very easily.

A seven out of 10, because support engineers for BO should be coming from technical background. The consultants for this tool should be able to investigate the technical issues within and provide different solutions for the customer.

I did use different solutions. I used Hyperion Essbase, Oracle Business Intelligence, Hyperion Oracle BI Cloud Services, and Tableau.

Comparing it with other BI tools, BusinessObjects is a straightforward installation, not a complex one.

I have always used BO.