SAP BW4HANA Review

Stable, scalable and easy to maintain

What is our primary use case?

The solution is used for the reporting on various dashboards for analytical purposes.

What is most valuable?

HANA is based on a column store, and it is very effective for reading the data.

BW has a major advantage because most of the activities on the BW system are reading data rather than writing data.

The product, overall, is very good.

The solution is easier to maintain than traditional SAP products.

All of the information that is provided by the solution for managing the HANA database is excellent.

What needs improvement?

I can't think of anything the solution needs in terms of features to make it stronger. It's a great overall solution.

The solution does occasionally get a few bugs, but this is typical for any product.

We've been using the solution for the past two years.

We have found the solution to be quite stable. It doesn't crash. It's been great.

If a company needs to expand the solution, they can definitely scale up. It's quite easy to do so.

We've reached out to technical support in the past. We reach out when there are some bugs or some specific issues on the product. They are very good. We've been satisfied with the level of support.

I wasn't a part of the initial setup, so I can't speak to the implementation.

What other advice do I have?

We are SAP partners.

The solution is deployed on a scale-out environment, which involves five nodes of 1TB each. We have four worker nodes and one standby node.

I'm not the consumer of this product. I'm an administrator of it. I'm basically supporting this project but I'm not the actual customer.

I would definitely recommend the solution. It is the way forward if an organization is already in the SAP ecosystem. It's good to adapt to it sooner rather than later. I would definitely advise companies to implement it.

I would rate the solution nine out of ten.

More SAP BW4HANA reviews from users
...who compared it with Oracle Big Data Appliance
Learn what your peers think about SAP BW4HANA. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.