SAP BW4HANA Review

Helpful dashboard and reporting with good technical support, but the interface should be simplified

What is our primary use case?

I am a consultant and this is one of the solutions that I use for my clients.

In general, my clients use the dashboard and reporting services. They use it for modeling sales and service, material management, and stock management. They have automated reports that are sent daily by email.

The environment depends on the client.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the dashboard.

When using BW/4HANA, then is no performance degradation with Big Data.

What needs improvement?

The dashboard should be simplified and made easier for exploration and decision making.

Some customers have said that they would like to use the dashboard to send themselves data in an Excel file directly by email.

I have been working with SAP BW/4HANA for eight years.

BW is a stable solution as long as it is on HANA. Otherwise, some applications with Big Data will result in performance issues.

It is scalable but it depends on the server.

I have dealt with technical support and they have been good.

The installation of this solution is not simple, although configuring it is not a problem.

It is better to have help from integrators or consultants for the installation.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to first follow the basics. It is possible that you will want some enhancements but you have to start at the beginning and start with the basic practice for modeling.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More SAP BW4HANA reviews from users
...who compared it with Snowflake
Find out what your peers are saying about SAP, Snowflake Computing, Apache and others in Data Warehouse. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.