SAP Cloud Platform Review

Supports connecting to many different types of systems, but needs better support for data transformation

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to support our SAP integrated business planning solution, called IBP. It's a cloud-based solution that we have in our private cloud for SAP. It will push and pull the data from the IBP to our on-premises ERP and analytics systems.

What is most valuable?

One of the best features of this solution is that it is web-based and you can log in and work on it from anywhere.

This solution can connect to multiple sources including Oracle, ODBC, OLD-DB and most of the cloud systems.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more and better support for data transformations. A transformation is able to change data from one format to another format. In the current solution, pivoting data or dealing with multiple levels of transformation is not supported. Those options are missing.

We have been using this solution for seven or eight months.

The stability is very good. Whatever we have is stable.

There are no issues with scalability and we can scale as we like. This solution is only used by my team and we have two to three people using it.

We are definitely planning to increase usage because our company is moving everything to the new architecture for SAP cloud-based solutions.

We have used technical support for this solution several times and it is very nice. They come back with responses immediately and the cloud platform management with them is very nice as well. The upgrades are smooth and we have them every three months. They don't have any issues after the upgrades, and whenever issues do arise, they respond properly.

We used BODS as we moved to SAP IBP we were forced to move to CPI/DS.

The initial setup is very simple because everything is there in the public cloud and all you need to have is one small agent installed on your local system. This took us one or two days.

The total deployment was longer because we have a lot of data flows in and out from the integrated system. This took us at most between four and five months to complete.

We used consultants to assist us with the deployment. We had to migrate to SAP and the consultants were very good. It went live, on time, and the quality was very good.

We didn't have another choice as it is mandatory with SAP IBP.

What other advice do I have?

This solution is updated automatically every three months.

My advice for anybody who is migrating from BODS to Cda is to ensure that whatever was done in BODS is capable of working in Cda. There are a lot of transformations missing. The simple ones are there but the complex ones are not possible. So, people should be very careful to make sure that they can achieve everything. We were able to do almost everything. We did have some issues initially, but our consultants are good.

This is a good solution but I would say that it is still premature. They are still adding features.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More SAP Cloud Platform reviews from users