SAP Cloud Platform Review

A strong cloud platform that's scalable and offers good support

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for mobility purposes.

What is most valuable?

The cloud is the most valuable aspect of the solution. It's the future of IT.

SAP has provided very good support.

The solution is very scalable.

What needs improvement?

We need to connect our ERP solution via the VPN. We need to make sure our ERP solutions aren't exposed to the outside world. Our teams really struggle with this.

We've been using the solution for a year. We're a leading subscriber of it.

We haven't had any issues so far in relation to stability. However, we're still working to deploy the solution.

I'm not sure how scalable the solution is. We're not yet fully deployed, so we haven't yet devised a scaling strategy that our application hardware will work on.

We've been in contact with technical support. We find them very good. We use their ticketing mechanism which is quite effective. They provide good response times.

The initial setup is complex. Right now, SAP does offer the best kind of solution on the market.

There is some sort of SMS needed to authorize the code. However, the VPN connectivity isn't there because some of the solution is on the public cloud.

I'm not quite sure how long deployment takes. It depends on the environment and the requirements of the business. It's different from deployment to deployment. However, we're not fully deployed just yet.

What other advice do I have?

Our data center is on SAP's cloud platform. SAP is our cloud.

I'd recommend the solution. The future is in cloud platforms. Other companies should start using it if they aren't already.

The enterprise portal's end of life is 2024. However, the solution's extending into HANA Cloud Technology.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Other