SAP Concur Review

Big improvement over managing expenses in Excel. Don’t expect any value out of customer service.​

What is most valuable?

I love the mobile feature – my boss loves approving her expense reports on the app.

How has it helped my organization?

Big improvement over managing expenses in Excel. Helped us move away from paper entirely.

What needs improvement?

Support and help. Their online help is useless, and support is iffy at best. They tend to try to blame third parties, take a long time to respond, and aren’t good at communication. You are forced to use a travel agent, they charge $8 for each booking, and $27 for each call.

TripIt sync is great, but there is no calendar integration with Outlook, which is awful.

We've been using it since 2014.

There's a steep learning curve for non-techies, and for those that preferred the old paper method, they had a tough time adjusting. Also there are concerns about security, especially in light of heavy and unreported third party vendor usage by Concur. Most staff don’t use travel portion.

We have had frequent downtime.

Really designed for companies of at least 25+ or more. IF we ever grow, we’ll be ready. When looking back, it's probably too complex of a system for an organisation of our size.

It's lousy.

It's lousy.

We were using Excel.

It was complex – lots of stuff a small company like us didn’t need.

We did it in-house.

Pricing is expensive when compared to other options, for small business.

We considered Expensify, but their security and customer service was even worse. The company was young, growing too fast, and not stable.

What other advice do I have?

Be prepared for a heavy lift. Much better for larger scale enterprises. Don’t expect any value out of customer service.