Sap065658 logo 300x300 0r 01

SAP Crystal Reports Review
Great product that can be used out of the box, however it's always good to invest in training.

Valuable Features:

It has a lot of flexibility and can be used with a variety of data sources. A lot can be done with grouping and sub-reports.

Improvements to My Organization:

Our organization previously exported a lot of data to Excel. This had to be endlessly manipulated by sorting, cutting, modifying pasting, de-duping, resorting, etc. Using Crystal Reports means all this manual work is eliminated. The report comes out sorted and in the right format without need for any manipulation.

Crystal also has a lot of options for grouping and creating formulas.

Room for Improvement:

Some features are difficult to use for beginning users, such as shared variables.

Use of Solution:

About 10 years

Stability Issues:

With older versions of Crystal there was frequent "crashing" and reinstalling of the program. I have not seen any problems with Crystal 11.

Initial Setup:

Straightforward. Crystal has an easy installation process.

Implementation Team:

In-house set-up.

Other Advice:

It's a great product that can be used out of the box, however it's always good to invest in training.

3 visitors found this review helpful
14046ee3 1e95 44a2 addf af977a8b9abb avatarAnonymous avatar x30Anonymous avatar x30

1 Comment

1bd77b33 c19d 4234 abcd 9afe7fded49c avatar
Carl HaasReal User

The reliability of Crystal has increased exponentially in 2011 and especially 2013. My organization uses Enterprise alongside 2013 and I have to say I still find the 2013 more reliable. But the Enterprise version is a better bet for new users, as it does seem a little more user friendly with the interface. And I agree completely that training is a wonderful investment.

Like (1)04 May 16
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About SAP Crystal Reports?

Our experts can help. 242,593 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.