SAP Crystal Reports Review

​The graphing portion of Crystal Reports is still lacking but despite this you can present consistent formatted reports

What is most valuable?

The ability to plug into multiple data sources and present consistent formatted reports for our internal and external clients. We work for multiple clients around the country and this allows us to present standardized reports. Crystal Reports also allows us to pull SAP and present it as an analytical tool rather than downloading data and manipulating it in Excel.

How has it helped my organization?

One key improvement has been the elimination of tedious and redundant work. Where we used to do a lot of data manipulation from SAP, we can now run a Crystal Report and get the data we need in the format we desire. It has saved a lot of unnecessary man-hours.

What needs improvement?

The graphing portion of Crystal Reports is still lacking. I realize that there are other Business Objects programs out there more graphics intensive, but it would be nice if Crystal could fully service those needs as well.

Four years.

No issues encountered.

When we first started using Crystal Reports 2008, we had multiple stability issues. It seemed like at least once a day (usually more than that), it would crash on us. Save Early, Save Often became our way of life. It has improved dramatically since 2011 and Enterprise version.

No issues with scalability.

Excellent. The sales reps and the technical support folks have been very supportive and have always responded promptly.

Excellent. We have only had two issues that we went to technical support with but they were very thorough and worked through the issues with us.

No previous solution used.

Straightforward for me. I only had to install the Crystal Reports client and the SAP Integration kit. Everything worked as intended after that.

No other solutions were evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

You should fully understand your business needs and work to integrate all of the applicable programs available as part of the Business Objects suite. It can be a complicated process with all of the available tools.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: SAP partner
More SAP Crystal Reports reviews from users