SAP Crystal Reports Review

The ability to organize the display and fields as we like, are the key elements for us. The graphic displays component is the least intuitive of all the features.

Valuable Features

The way it allows formatting, that is, the ability to organize the display and fields as we like, are the key elements for us. Presentation for end users is always the big concern for us, so the formatting is an important feature the we find most useful.

We're also able to drag-and-drop tables, joins, and fields, which expedites very basic data pulls. Sometimes, though, a SQL query and export to .xls suffices.

Improvements to My Organization

We're able to export to .pdf as well as integrate with PowerPoint. This has become a part of our instructional and sales presentations.

Room for Improvement

Some of the graphic displays are dodgy. That component is the least intuitive of all the features.

Use of Solution

I've used it for ten years, from stale Seagate versions through SAP, Oracle, and Microsoft SQL platforms.

There have been no issues with the deployment.

There have been no issues with the stability.

We've had no issues scaling it for our needs.

I've never had to contact customer service.

I've never had the need to use technical support.

There were no issues encountered during the deployment. You need to delete prior versions before implementing the latest one because they seemed to clash.

Implementation Team

We implemented it with our in-house team.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The product is expensive.

Other Advice

Lean on the vendor for the initial implementation and follow their steps to ensure independence down the road.