SAP Crystal Reports Review

Valuable Features:

• Rapid report development, since the design interface makes coding easier.
  • We can extend it to complicated reports with interactive charts and enhance the understanding of business models.
  • Exposes a report object model that can interact with other controls on the ASP.NET Web form.
  • It can be programmed to export the reports into widely used formats such as PDF, Word, Excel, HTML, and RTF.

Improvements to My Organization:

We are using it for pixel perfect reporting, and that is why it is better than other reporting tools.

Room for Improvement:

It needs better integration with Hadoop as well as enhancements for more analytical usage.

Also, a secured end user cannot modify data if the report is generated via Crystal Reports. It can only be done if the data is in HTML format.

Deployment Issues:

We have had no issues with the deployment.

Stability Issues:

We have had no issues with its stability.

Scalability Issues:

There have been no issues scaling it for our needs.

Other Advice:

Analyze it first as to whether it is a good fit for your needs. There are other good products available for analytical needs, which Crystal Reports doesn't yet provide.