SAP Crystal Reports Review

It's made data more accessible to our end users in a couple of ways.

Valuable Features:

The most valuable features for us are its ability to provide reports on what's going on in the database and to schedule reports for end users.

Improvements to My Organization:

It's made data more accessible to our end users in a couple of ways. First, with the ability to schedule reports, end users no longer need to run reports on demand. They're run and made available at pre-scheduled times. Second, the data is readily available to end users, as opposed to having to run queries for them.

Room for Improvement:

I'd like an easier way for end users or an AD group to subscribe to reports that can be received as attachments to emails.

Use of Solution:

I've been using it for twenty years.

Deployment Issues:

The configuration is cumbersome and not really clear. It would be nicer for it to be easier to configure across multiple servers.

Stability Issues:

There have been no issues with the stability.

Scalability Issues:

We have had no issues scaling it.

Customer support is spotty at best, and when they do get involved it has to be according to the support person's schedule. They contact you and if you are busy, it is hard for them to understand that as a customer you would like pre-notification and the ability to set some time aside.

Previous Solutions:

We have always used Crystal Reports. We have enhanced our reporting by using Tableau as well for dashboards.

Initial Setup:

The initial setup is complex. They need to have clearer instructions on how to configure servers for the best performance.

Implementation Team:

We did an in-house upgrade of two systems into one. There was no vendor support onsite.

Other Advice:

Test your installation prior to upgrading to a production environment.