What is most valuable?
- You can write very complex formulas
- Field conditional formatting
- Specific formatting for report sections (headers, footers, etc.)
- Crosstab reports
- Coders can write their own custom SQL statement
How has it helped my organization?
Users have learned to write their own reports, reducing the load on our IT department.
What needs improvement?
- Easier to use crosstab interface so beginners create reports faster
- Allow for customization of crosstab row/column labels
- Installation takes more than 15 minutes on our workstations
For how long have I used the solution?
I've been using it for seven years.
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
There have been no issues with the deployment.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
There have been no issues with the stability.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
We have had no issues scaling it for our needs.
How are customer service and technical support?
I have never contacted tech support for help.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
This product was recommended by our banking system vendor.
How was the initial setup?
The setup is pretty straightforward. You can install all options to make it easier.
What about the implementation team?
We installed it using our IT team. I would recommend scripting for a large deployment because it takes about 15 minutes per workstation to install.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
Saberlogic Logicity provides free Crystal Viewer software. Users who only need to run reports can use this free of charge, so you can save on license costs.
What other advice do I have?
- Document views or report models to make it easy for users to choose their data sources.
- Point novice users to the crosstab report. It is fairly easy to use.
- For moderate to heavy users, you should send them for training.
- Users with programming or scripting skills can create really complex reports.
- Saberlogic Logicity provides free Crystal Viewer software. Users who only need to run reports can use this free of charge, so you can save license costs.
Which version of this solution are you currently using?
Find out what your peers are saying about SAP, TIBCO, Tableau and others in Reporting Tools. Updated: January 2021.
455,164 professionals have used our research since 2012.