Sap065658 logo 300x300 0r 01

SAP Crystal Reports Review

Valuable Features

The ease of making simple reports. The facts that many people use it, hence a lot of expertise can be found on the internet and trainings are available.

Improvements to My Organization

I develop reports for customers, for an ERP system that collects a lot of data, but has very few standard reports. Customers use the reports for making decisions and negotiations.

Room for Improvement

• Sub-reports in sub-reports
  • Making graphs is very cumbersome
  • Exporting to Excel
  • Using Stored procedures
  • Complex SQL Queries

Use of Solution

I've used Crystal Reports in general for about 20 years, and v2008 for about six years.

There were no issues with the deployment.

We have had no issues with the stability.

We haven't needed to scale it.

I wasn't aware of there being any.

It's very straightforward.

Implementation Team

I have only installed the developer version, and that can anyone do with it’s eyes closed.

ROI

The training of users can be more expensive. User training can take two to five days, and in addition, the user needs to understand the database, the tables, and where to get the data.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The training of users can be more expensive. User taining can take two to five days, and in addition, the user needs to understand the database, the tables, and where to get the data.

Other Advice

It does what it does have to do, but seems development has stuck for several years now. Many things are not possible either. Complex queries are impossible, you need to make SQL statements. Sub report in a sub report is impossible.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About SAP Crystal Reports?

Our experts can help. 242,687 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.