Sap065658 logo 300x300 0r 01

SAP Crystal Reports Review
It contains a relational database that allows you to join tables from different tables in the same report.

Valuable Features

It can gather data from many sources and consolidate that data.

It is easy to get quick results, but also allows you to create more in-depth reports.

It can export to Excel, text files, or PDF and many other formats.

A non-IT person can create some reports, and an IT person can take it much further.

If you have Crystal Reports, it can import Excel files that were made in Excel 2003, files with a .xls file extension and file format. It does not yet recognize files with a .xlsx file extension, which would be from Excel 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016. With Access files, Crystal Reports can import databases with a .mdb format, but not the newer format if .accdb.

This was true as of Crystal Reports 2013. They may have changed it since
then.

Improvements to My Organization

I have used it with several clients to create complex reports that required multiple data sources and complex relationships.

Room for Improvement

They need to make it work with new file formats for Excel and Access. It also needs to be more compatible with other data sources.

Use of Solution

I have been using Crystal Reports for over 10 years, and this version for about two years.

I have seen integration with SAP , and it seems pretty seamless. There are versions of Crystal Reports that come embedded with other software programs, like Peachtree, etc. I would recommend that you upgrade to the full version so you can take advantage of some of the features.

I've experienced no issues with performance.

I have the single user edition.

Their support is top notch, although you may have to pay for it.

I created many reports using Access. Crystal reports is similar, but more robust.

I have the single user version, and had no problems.

Implementation Team

I installed it myself.

Other Advice

It's a great product that works with many data sources. I highly recommend it.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About SAP Crystal Reports?

Our experts can help. 242,687 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.