SAP Crystal Reports Review
In my experience, the strongest feature of Crystal Reports is in developing automated business intelligence reports which convert raw data into actionable business intelligence.

Valuable Features:

Improvements to My Organization:

In 2000 when I joined a manufacturing firm, most of the accounting data was exported into spreadsheets, consequently extensive time was spent on preparing reports and making timely decisions. In 2002, I initiated utilization of the MS Access Reporting tool by importing Excel files into Access. I created reports about all accounts including customers, suppliers, employees and entities related to the business. I soon realized that MS Access reporting is a good start, but it became hard to integrate data from variety of sources, in addition to an additional step of importing data into MS Access. On further research, I found Crystal Reports to address the issue of data integration, and hence utilized Crystal Reports 8-9. I found Crystal Reports to be an excellent dedicated reporting tool, and I invested time in taking advanced training.

Room for Improvement:

I would like to have horizontal paging like crosstabs.

Use of Solution:

I have been using Crystal Reports for the last 12 Years.

Deployment Issues:

There were no issues with the deployment.

Stability Issues:

This is a mature product and so I have not came across any major stability issues.

Scalability Issues:

It's been able to scale for our needs.

Previous Solutions:

Previously, I used MS Excel, then Access before moving on to Crystal Reports.

Initial Setup:

It was fairly straightforward.

Implementation Team:

We performed an in-house implementation and this should be fine for all cases.

Other Advice:

I found Crystal Reports to address the issue of data integration, and hence utilized Crystal Reports 2013. Crystal Reports is an excellent dedicated reporting tool, and I invested time into advanced training. I would say Crystal Reports is great tool, and has been in the business intelligence arena for a while. Hence, it's an excellent choice.