Sap065658 logo 300x300 0r 01

SAP Crystal Reports Review
In my experience, the strongest feature of Crystal Reports is in developing automated business intelligence reports which convert raw data into actionable business intelligence.

Valuable Features:

Improvements to My Organization:

In 2000 when I joined a manufacturing firm, most of the accounting data was exported into spreadsheets, consequently extensive time was spent on preparing reports and making timely decisions. In 2002, I initiated utilization of the MS Access Reporting tool by importing Excel files into Access. I created reports about all accounts including customers, suppliers, employees and entities related to the business. I soon realized that MS Access reporting is a good start, but it became hard to integrate data from variety of sources, in addition to an additional step of importing data into MS Access. On further research, I found Crystal Reports to address the issue of data integration, and hence utilized Crystal Reports 8-9. I found Crystal Reports to be an excellent dedicated reporting tool, and I invested time in taking advanced training.

Room for Improvement:

I would like to have horizontal paging like crosstabs.

Use of Solution:

I have been using Crystal Reports for the last 12 Years.

Deployment Issues:

There were no issues with the deployment.

Stability Issues:

This is a mature product and so I have not came across any major stability issues.

Scalability Issues:

It's been able to scale for our needs.

Previous Solutions:

Previously, I used MS Excel, then Access before moving on to Crystal Reports.

Initial Setup:

It was fairly straightforward.

Implementation Team:

We performed an in-house implementation and this should be fine for all cases.

Other Advice:

I found Crystal Reports to address the issue of data integration, and hence utilized Crystal Reports 2013. Crystal Reports is an excellent dedicated reporting tool, and I invested time into advanced training. I would say Crystal Reports is great tool, and has been in the business intelligence arena for a while. Hence, it's an excellent choice.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About SAP Crystal Reports?

Our experts can help. 233,815 professionals have used our research on 5,900 solutions.