SAP Data Governance Review

Stable with good support and workflow engine but they could harmonize with third-party products

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for master data objects.

We just basically install it and tune it and run it.

What is most valuable?

The new workflow engine is based on the web app rather than the Java-based approach. The MDM product is pretty good. The new Fiori front-ends for it, it makes the visual slot better than before.

What needs improvement?

I really look at it from the technology side, rather than use it from the function side. So, there are not really many improvements I can see from the functionality.

I would like to see harmonizing with some of the external third-party products so that it will all be within SAP.

We put MDG in approximately two and a half years ago.

It's a very stable solution.

It's a scalable product. We are in Azure, we can scale it up as much as we need to.

It's rolled out to approximately 1,000 name users.

We may increase our usage in the future but it depends on the master data objects that get rolled out.

Technical support is good. We have not had any issues in this area.

The technology setup was reasonably straightforward. I think the actual prerequisite in terms of the harmonization of the actual master data itself was probably quite a lengthy process.

The team does the installation and then the maintenance of the product itself rather than the functionality.

The licensing is managed by a separate department in our company.

What other advice do I have?

To other users who are interested in using this solution, I would suggest making sure that your master data is in good shape before you take on the technical implementation.

I would rate SAP Data Governance a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud
Find out what your peers are saying about SAP, Alation, Informatica and others in Data Governance. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.