SAP Data Services Review

A stable and scalable solution with good integration and data migration capabilities

What is our primary use case?

It is a very widely used tool. We mostly use it for integration purposes between various systems and for data migration. One of the recent use cases is about the AWS database that we are trying to establish. We need the data from various on-premise systems, and SAP is one of them, which is majorly used. We want to put that data into our data lake.

We are not using the cataloging and metadata features much. We have a separate data cataloging tool.

What is most valuable?

Its integration capabilities and the data migration capabilities are the most valuable. It is very good for SAP and non-SAP tools. It has very good integration with SAP, but it also has the capabilities to connect to other systems. We find it very helpful and stable.

What needs improvement?

The skillset of data engineers matters a bit to use all the functionality of this solution. Otherwise, the delivery speed won't be faster.

I have been using this solution for eight to ten years.

It is a very stable solution.

It is scalable.

We are getting responses from them. There were one or two issues that were very critical, and we got the needed attention from them.

We also have other ETL tools, such as Informatica, that are being used in other teams, but SAP Data Services is the main solution that we are using. I have not heard any complaints about it.

We, fortunately, have a very good team in our organization, which makes it easy for us to implement.

It is a part of an enterprise agreement. There is another department that handles its maintenance.

Its pricing is as per the enterprise agreement and not a concern for us.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, we have good experience and feedback. We have very skilled engineers in our team, and I haven't heard any kind of negative feedback about this solution.

I would rate SAP Data Services an eight out of ten.

More SAP Data Services reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
Learn what your peers think about SAP Data Services. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.