SAP Data Services Review

A little trouble handling parallel batch jobs in one job, but helps align your information with the business process.

What is most valuable?

- Its single infrastructure for Data Migration and Data Integration.

- Heterogeneous processing with broad database support.

- Parsing, Standardization and Cleansing the Data.

- Matching and consolidation of records.

- Multi-user support and security with central repository.

- Instant trace-ability with impact analysis and data lineage functionality.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps our organization and our clients achieve its goals and objectives by having the right information at the right time and at the right people.

We can standardize business information though data is disparate or came from many sources like flat files (CSVs, Textfiles, Excel files), RDBMS, Application Systems and etc.

With this product you can align your information with the business process and can provide Enterprise Data Warehouse that will suit to your reporting needs.

What needs improvement?

I think it has a little trouble handling more users running parallel batch jobs in one job server but minimal.

SAP BusinessObjects Data Services 3.1,3.2, 4.0 and 4.1 (SAP) for 5.3 years

Yes but minimal and can be resolve quickly.

None.

None.

4.5 out of 5.

4.5 out of 5.

Yes, because its more dynamic and has so many features.

Straightforward. You just have to follow the guides, check Product Availability Matrix (PAM) and if issues related to sources and targets arise do some research.

Both. 4.7 out of 5.

300%.

What other advice do I have?

You can leverage this product in all your business needs regarding data or information or any business requirements in the systems but first you must find a dedicated consultant or developer for this product and they should also train the people from your organization.