SAP Data Services Review

Doing De-Deduplication of data for Data Cleansing is much easier, but it needs a web client.

What is most valuable?

Data Quality Transforms, Data Cleanse, Platform, Match.

How has it helped my organization?

Doing De-Deduplication of data for Data Cleansing is much easier and has been revolutionised with Data Services. Especially used in conjunction with SAP Information Stewards.

What needs improvement?

It needs a Web-client.

2 years.

Sometimes when re-installing the product, the program corrupts and needs to be completely removed. Its wastes a lot of time.

None

Sometimes when upgrading the product, the program corrupts and needs to be completely removed. Its wastes a lot of time.

It could be better.

Could also be better. There are still a few niggles that need to be sorted out and it seems that SAP are a bit slow on the comeback.

SSIS. I switched because a) my current company specialises in Data Services and b) because DS is the best tool for working with SAP ERP and SAP Hana.

Straight forward.

In-house.

SSIS only.

What other advice do I have?

Prepare well, read the installation guide and make sure you have all the boxes ticked before going ahead and installing.

More SAP Data Services reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)