SAP Data Services Review
Enables ability to change the source and target from Oracle to SQL without changing your code
What is our primary use case?
- Data warehousing project (with CDC or comparison table to update our histories).
- Four sources: SQL Server, Oracle, SAP ECC, Excel file.
- One target: Azure SQL Data Warehouse.
- Complex transformation to load the Data Warehouse (good and simple optimization).
How has it helped my organization?
- It's very simple to build a data flow.
- The development is faster than SSIS or Talend.
- Impact analysis is very useful to know who used this KPI (the report on the user that had access to this report).
- Profiling data is very useful to know the interesting fields.
What is most valuable?
- Portability of development (you can change your source/target from Oracle to SQL without changing your code).
- Web console monitoring.
- Simple toolbox with all you need.
What needs improvement?
- Development with web tool (today is with client tool).
- Connection to Active Directory to extract user and group.
- A PaaS cloud service (today is on-premise).
- Better connection to SAP BW.
For how long have I used the solution?
More than five years.
Which version of this solution are you currently using?
**Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Last updated: Jan 22 2019
More SAP Data Services reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about SAP Data Services. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2020.
456,249 professionals have used our research since 2012.