SAP Data Services Review

Good dashboards and data reporting but needs more cognitive analytics

What is most valuable?

The solution has very good dashboards. They have a good refresh rate - after every 300 articles.

The reporting on the data, even from third-party software, is very good.

What needs improvement?

The solution should offer more machine learning and automation.

The solution should add more cognitive analytics, particularly on the RPA. It should allow for data to be picked up in Outlook and processed in SAP, then communicated via any third-party software. This will help with decision making and retrieve the data per the requirements of the user.

The existing ERP doesn't have any capabilities. The features of RPA need to be built into ERP. It's lagging in not just this solution, but almost all software.

I primarily use the solution for building data cubes from existing third party software at SAP and consolidating different stages on queries.

The solution is stable.

We do plan to increase usage in the future.

We interact with technical support regularly and often reach out about two times a week. Their support office is very close to ours in Bangalore. We've been very satisfied with their level of service.

We did previously use a different solution. We switched because Data Service has a lot of upcoming technology and there's a good market for their services currently.

The solution is straightforward to set up. A lot of research needs to go into the work, however. A standard deployment takes a few months.

We had our own consultants assist with the implementation. They have a lot of knowledge about SAP and SAP environments for building a gateway.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

SAP Data Services predominantly works for event tracking or training environments. However, if you're talking about social media, where there needs to be a lot of understanding about the data, you could build this solution into that area as well. You will just need a lot of research and development.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. If they build in cognitive capabilities and went beyond just reporting on the dashboard, I'd rate it higher.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: