SAP ERP Review

Very stable with great integration capabilities and has a reliable architecture

What is most valuable?

I worked with some other ERPs previously and I am a computer engineer. I find it to be very stable in comparison to other systems. There is no downtime. That's important to us due to the fact that we have companies around the world and don't have specific service hours. It needs to constantly be running, and it can do that beautifully.

The architecture of the solution overall is great. It's great for development, testing, and production. I've worked with solutions where the architecture wasn't as strong and it was a disaster.

The integration of the solution is great.

What needs improvement?

The system is very big. It is not exactly user-friendly, due to the fact that it's so massive and complex.

You need to put a lot of data into the system in order to get something out of it.

The solution is expensive.

Our company began using SAP during its first installation in Slovenia. We've used it since 1998. It's been more than 20 years at this point, so more than two decades of working with the solution.

The solution is stable. There are no concerns there. We don't have bugs or glitches. It works extremely well and it reliable.

The solution is very scalable. It's quite a sizeable product, to begin with. Users would have no problem expanding it out if they need to.

We have around 1,000 users on the solution currently.

Technical support has largely been very supportive of our company. If we need an SAP developer, we're able to get one. However, the solution has been so stable so far there have been very few problems in general, so we haven't needed much help. Overall, we are satisfied with the level of support we get.

We require 10-12 people to handle the maintenance on the solution.

The pricing of the solution could be a bit lower. It's on the more expensive side, as far as solutions go.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have any kind of business relationship with SAP. We aren't consultants or resellers.

We use SAP ERP, and on the other side, on the office side, and the user side, we are straight Microsoft.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. It's not exactly user-friendly and is quite a sizeable solution. If it weren't for that and the high price tag I might rate it a bit higher.

More SAP ERP reviews from users