SAP ERP Review

Best for transactional integration of operations, but lacks in reporting

What is most valuable?

The transactional integration of operations is the best-recommended feature of this product. It provides integration of all operational modules.

What needs improvement?

The version that we are using lacks in reporting. The reporting feature needs to be constructed more in this product.

There can be better scope for mobility. They could include the technical development of reports instead of depending completely on programming. The programming method needs to be easy.

We have been using SAP ERP for around nine years.

We are using the ECC EHP 8 version, which is not the latest one. SAP HANA is the latest one.

There is not a very simple answer to this. The version that we are using is not too stable. The newer version seems to be good, more scalable, and more stable. We are yet to evaluate the newer version of this.

It is scalable. We have around 180 users. We have licenses for 250 users, but 180 users are actively using the system.

We get technical support from our external consultants. Whenever required, we also directly get technical support from SAP for any information. There is a waiting time for it.

It was complex. As we moved forward, we slowly got used to it. I won't say it is straightforward now. It is still complex, but somehow we got used to it, and we are working with it. The deployment took around eight months.

We used external consultants.

What other advice do I have?

You need to be well prepared to implement this solution. The most important thing is that there should be management involvement. It should not be left alone to the IT team or the applications team. The key to the success of any ERP is the involvement of the management.

I would rate SAP ERP a six out of ten. I won't rate it more than the average scale. This rating is based on the experience with the current version, which has a lot of scope for improvement. If I use the latest version, I might move the ranking up.

I have heard that the newest version has some capabilities to overcome the issues faced by the users in the present version. We are planning to implement the newer version. The industry or the current situation is holding us back. After we are out of this pandemic situation and the industry downturn, we will, of course, implement it.

More SAP ERP reviews from users