SAP ERP Review

Planning that can model well for specific industries but may be overkill for easier processes

What is our primary use case?

It meets our requirements for a product to help us integrate and track business requirements and processes. Within the nature of our business, it meets our requirements for what we need it to do.

What is most valuable?

SAP ERP has a solution for all our requirements. That is the only way I can put it because the evaluation was done by somebody else at our company many years back. What the product delivers kind of meets our requirements. That is the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

The biggest issue with the solution is that it could be a little more user-friendly.

We have been using SAP ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) for at least 10 years, but actually for as many as 15 years.

SAP ERP is a stable solution. We do not have trouble with crashes, bugs, and glitches.

SAP ERP is scalable. Our current user base is maybe around 1,000 people. We should be able to increase that at will if we have the need.

What other advice do I have?

I do not think that SAP ERP fits perfectly to all industries. You have got to be careful in choosing it or other solutions. SAP is mostly good for manufacturing. It is good for certain sectors of the industry and works in our case, but it is not for every type of business.

People do not have to do a lot of preparation before bringing the product onboard such as reading a lot of documentation. Mostly it is better that they see demos and project how it really works in their environment before they go for it because it is not user-friendly. If the business is within the service industry and service provision is the kind of environment they work in, I do not think I would suggest SAP ERP as a solution. If the potential client wants to use it for retail, again I would not suggest it because it is far too complicated for what they need to do and there are better solutions for that use case. It is typically good for manufacturing and those kinds of core product development industries.

On a scale from one to ten (where one is the worst and ten is the best), I would rate SAP ERP as around an eight-out-of-ten overall. For me the only thing that plays against it is that it could be more user friendly, that is the biggest issue I am looking at.

More SAP ERP reviews from users