SAP ERP Review

Easy to migrate from legacy systems, caters to business processes of different industries, and very stable and scalable

What is our primary use case?

It is a centralized system to manage your business. With the inclusion of BA, you can do analytics as well as predictive analytics, which helps a business to grow because you know where you are lacking and where you are growing more. You can balance and take statistical decisions to optimize business processes and have more benefits.

What is most valuable?

It is easier to migrate to SAP ERP from a legacy system. We have different products for data services, and it is easier to migrate to SAP ERP as compared to other solutions.

Stability is one of the main features of SAP. What makes SAP ERP better than others is that SAP has taken into consideration the business processes of different industries, such as manufacturing. They have done the research, and they know what are the best practices. They have already implemented these best practices in SAP ERP, which are readily available for a client. Clients can also customize it based on their individual needs.

What needs improvement?

Their support should be improved. Instead of giving a general solution, their consultants should first try to understand the problem and then resolve the same. They should properly investigate the issue before providing the solution.

I have been using this solution for nine years.

Stability is one of the main features of SAP.

It is scalable. It has to be scalable. Otherwise, SAP will not be able to survive.

Currently, we have 5,000 to 6,000 people who are using SAP ERP as end-users. On the development side, we have around 40 to 50 people, and they are technical consultants and functional consultants. For maintenance, we have around 40 people from different function models.

There was one issue for which we were in contact with SAP. It was an isolated incident, and their support was okay. They were not that great. When an organization needs help, a relevant and experienced consultant should be made available for the client. They should properly investigate the issue before providing the solution.

It was easy to install. It took more than a month. It was done around 2012.

I did it myself.

SAP is a bit on the costly side, but they also provide support and other things. We are paying for licenses and the use of the cloud.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. I would rate SAP ERP a nine out of ten.

More SAP ERP reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with SAP S4HANA
Learn what your peers think about SAP ERP. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.