SAP ERP Review

We're now able to do deep costing analyses, although initial setup was complex.

What is most valuable?

SAP Controlling and Fund Management

How has it helped my organization?

SAP Controlling give the control of managerial cost in control for management especially accounting. It enables deep costing analysis, cost allocation model and drill down functionality. with Fund Management organization can embed budget control rules to control any budget commitment, consumption before its too late.

What needs improvement?

Its table and structure complexity is a love and hate situation. Although ABAP created SAP, it's costly to recruit and maintain ABAP.

I've used it for three years.

It's manageable.

No issues encountered.

Never encountered issues.

It's the best.

It's the best.

We've always been using SAP.

It was complex, as the company policy needs to evolves at the pace of system functionality and the design direction.

We used a vendor team who were 8/10.

It's around three years, and the ROI can be vague as we use only finance and accounting related module, along with MM. Basically, our ROI is derived from the amount of estimate savings we calculated, and the budget saved.

Look around at three or four vendors.

Microsoft Dynamics AX

What other advice do I have?

If transformation is what you're looking for, then SAP is your answer. Keep in mind that you need to change yours, and others, mind set. At the end of the day, it's for the organization's future sake.

More SAP ERP reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
Learn what your peers think about SAP ERP. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: March 2021.
475,291 professionals have used our research since 2012.