SAP ERP Review

It standardizes processes. Employee/manager self-service could be improved.

What is most valuable?

Human capital management - time and payroll

How has it helped my organization?

• Standardization of processes
  • Better control
  • Ease of reporting
  • Cost saving
  • Working with the most comprehensive payroll solution in the world

What needs improvement?

• Employee/manager self-service
  • The product is an on-premise version. SAP has already released SuccessFactors(SF), which is SaaS. Going forward, SAP will be making significant investments in developing SF.

I have used it for 10 years.

I have not really encountered any stability issues.

I have encountered scalability issues, but not to a critical extent.

Technical support is decent.

I have had a chance to work with Workday, SF and SAP ECC. I have worked with SAP ECC the most, being an established payroll and time solution in the market. SF is catching up, but that again is a product of SAP itself. We need to understand that SAP ECC is an on-premise system, whereas SF and Workday are cloud solutions, still evolving as far as payroll and time evaluation features are concerned. However, from the standpoint of other HR processes/workflows, those products have an edge over ECC.

Initial setup is a little complex when compared with Workday and SF.

Before choosing this product, PeopleSoft was considered.

What other advice do I have?

Go for Workday or SuccessFactors as the system of record, and SAP ECC as the payroll and time management product, if you wish to process these functions in-house.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is a SAP Technology Partner.
More SAP ERP reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with SAP S4HANA
Learn what your peers think about SAP ERP. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,468 professionals have used our research since 2012.