SAP ERP Review

It standardizes processes. Employee/manager self-service could be improved.

Valuable Features

Human capital management - time and payroll

Improvements to My Organization

• Standardization of processes
  • Better control
  • Ease of reporting
  • Cost saving
  • Working with the most comprehensive payroll solution in the world

Room for Improvement

• Employee/manager self-service
  • The product is an on-premise version. SAP has already released SuccessFactors(SF), which is SaaS. Going forward, SAP will be making significant investments in developing SF.

Use of Solution

I have used it for 10 years.

I have not really encountered any stability issues.

I have encountered scalability issues, but not to a critical extent.

Technical support is decent.

I have had a chance to work with Workday, SF and SAP ECC. I have worked with SAP ECC the most, being an established payroll and time solution in the market. SF is catching up, but that again is a product of SAP itself. We need to understand that SAP ECC is an on-premise system, whereas SF and Workday are cloud solutions, still evolving as far as payroll and time evaluation features are concerned. However, from the standpoint of other HR processes/workflows, those products have an edge over ECC.

Initial setup is a little complex when compared with Workday and SF.

Other Solutions Considered

Before choosing this product, PeopleSoft was considered.

Other Advice

Go for Workday or SuccessFactors as the system of record, and SAP ECC as the payroll and time management product, if you wish to process these functions in-house.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is a SAP Technology Partner.
1 Comment
author avatarOrlee Gillis

This review written by Muralidhara also emphasizes the finance function as a highly valuable feature in the solution --

Can you provide further insight and how this feature has enhanced your experience?