SAP ERP Review

Fully-integrated, very stable, and works well

What is our primary use case?

We are using SAP ERP for business support, business administration, and financial aid. We are also using it for quality manufacturing and logistics.

We have many applications from the SAP side. We are also using SAP BW, SAP SRM, and SAP APO.

How has it helped my organization?

We are using it for our daily operations. It is being used for handling different orders for the company. It is also used for logistics, delivery of our products, collecting cash, and controlling the business volume and business activities. It is an integrated application, and we use it quite well.

What is most valuable?

It is an integrated application, and it has been working really well. Earlier, there were different companies for different applications for manufacturing, finance controlling, logistics, and quality. It probably was the first fully integrated application. Whenever somebody is entering any data, for example, invoice data or ordering data, everyone with a right to see this data can see it in the system.

What needs improvement?

We will not make any major changes, and we are not expecting any enhancements or new features from SAP because they already have a new solution. No development is happening on SAP ERP because SAP has come up with a new version called SAP S/4HANA, which is memory-based technology. We are planning to upgrade to SAP S/4HANA, but we don't know when it will happen. We are in the preparation phase.

We have been using this solution for 24 years.

It is very stable.

We are using it on a daily basis 24/7. Currently, there is no plan to add additional users. However, if we upgrade to S/4HANA, we will get new functionality and features. Most likely, we will also have more users.

Technical support comes partially from SAP. There are also certain partner companies who are providing support, so the support is quite good.

Its initial setup is quite a complex task because many business people are involved from different areas. It is not a simple solution that is being used by five or ten people. In our company, it is being used by thousands of people. Its implementation requires many consultations and discussions with different business communities. It also requires customization, configuration, and testing before you start using it.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to go for S/4HANA. I would rate SAP ERP an eight out of ten.

More SAP ERP reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with SAP S4HANA
Learn what your peers think about SAP ERP. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.